question about selecting across multiple dbs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Maldonado
Subject question about selecting across multiple dbs
Date
Re: question about selecting across multiple dbs
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,I see that there is an item "Queries across databases or servers (two-phase commit)" on the todo list's urgent
header.I have tried asking this question on the other lists and have not yet gotten a suitable answer to this
question...Whenis this functionality expected to be available in PostgreSQL?  I as well as many others want to be able
torun queries such as

SELECT a.field_a, b.field_b FROM user:pwd@host.database.schema.table_a AS a NATURAL JOIN local_table AS b;

Thanks in advance,

-Joe