Re: DLL export with mingw-w64: currently a no-op - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson
Subject Re: DLL export with mingw-w64: currently a no-op
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 03 May 2011 12:40:28 -0000, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>
wrote:

> Our Makefiles use dlltool and dllwrap to create DLLs. If you used our
> recommended build method pgxs would do lots of the work for you.
>
> I'm not sure why you asked the mingw-w64 team about building a Postgres
> extension - they are unlikely to know anything much about our build
> system.

However, they do know about the mingw build tools.  In particular, from:  http://oldwiki.mingw.org/index.php/dllwrap

"dllwrap is a tool to build DLLs. It seems to be deprecated in favour of
gcc -shared option, but some projects still use it. SQLite, for example."

Armed with this information, it may be prudent review the DLL build
process in PGXS.

For the record: I originally asked the mingw-w64 team for help to link
against the 64bit JVM.DLL for which there was no corresponding .def file.

Google cache:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tZkweT_cNQQJ:oldwiki.mingw.org/index.php/dllwrap+mingw+dllwrap&cd=1&hl=is&ct=clnk&gl=is&client=opera&source=www.google.is

--   Johann Oskarsson                http://www.2ndquadrant.com/    |[]  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training
andServices  --+--                                                                 |  Blog:
http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/