Database corruption with Postgre 7.4.2 on FreeBSD 6.1? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From aurora
Subject Database corruption with Postgre 7.4.2 on FreeBSD 6.1?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

We are stressing testing our application. It adds and deletes a lot of
rows. Within 24 hours we ran into some sort of database corruption
problem. We got this error when trying to insert into the users table.

ERROR XX001: invalid page header in block 2552 of relation
"users_name_lower_idx"

The schema looks like this

create table users (
     userid integer  not null,
     name text unique not null,
     PRIMARY KEY (userid)
);

create index users_name_lower_idx on users (lower(name));

Then the box froze up. We suspect it might ran out of IO bufs.

We are using Postgre 7.4.2 running on FreeBSD 6.1 and Dell 2850.

Thanks for any help,

wy