Re: Select performance vs. mssql - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From PFC
Subject Re: Select performance vs. mssql
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Pretty much.  There has been discussion about allowing index-only access
> "frozen" tables, i.e. archive partitions.  But it all sort of hinges on
> someone implementing it and testing ....

    Would be interesting as a parameter to set at index creation (ie. if you
know this table will have a lot of reads and few writes)... like create an
index on columns X,Y keeping data on columns X,Y and Z...
    But in this case do you still need the table ?
    Or even create a table type where the table and the index are one, like
an auto-clustered table...
    I don't know if it would be used that often, though ;)