Backslash Bug in ARE Class-Shorthand Escape? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From david@fetter.org (David Fetter)
Subject Backslash Bug in ARE Class-Shorthand Escape?
Date
Re: Backslash Bug in ARE Class-Shorthand Escape?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-bugs
Kind people,

I have a little puzzlement.  In the first select, I double the
backslash and return true.  In the second, I don't and get false.
Have I missed something important in the docs?

Cheers,

test=> select version();
                                                version
 PostgreSQL 7.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2.2
20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)
(1 row)

test=> select ('123' ~ '\\d');
 ?column?
(1 row)

test=> select ('123' ~ '\d');
 ?column?
(1 row)

phone: +1 510 893 6100    cell: +1 415 235 3778

Not believing in force is the same as not believing in gravitation
                                                      Leon Trotsky