Re: [GENERAL] How to convert MS SQL functions to pgSQL functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: [GENERAL] How to convert MS SQL functions to pgSQL functions
Date
List pgsql-general
Yogi Yang 007 schrieb am 31.12.2016 um 11:06:
> Hello,
>
> I am stuck while trying to convert/port a MS SQL server database to pgSQL.
>
> Here is the code of the function in MS SQL server:
>
> CREATE FUNCTION [dbo].[AccountGroupHierarchy]
> (
> @groupId numeric(18,0)
> )
>
> RETURNS @table_variable TABLE (accountGroupId NUMERIC(18,0))
> AS
> BEGIN
> WITH GroupInMainGroupP AS (SELECT accountGroupId, 1 AS HierarchyLevel
> FROM dbo.tbl_AccountGroup
> WHERE (accountGroupId = @groupId)
> UNION ALL
> SELECT e.accountGroupId, G.HierarchyLevel + 1 AS HierarchyLevel
> FROM dbo.tbl_AccountGroup AS e CROSS JOIN
> GroupInMainGroupP AS G
> WHERE (e.groupUnder = G.accountGroupId))
>

> INSERT INTO @table_variable
>
> (accountGroupId)
> (
> SELECT accountGroupId FROM GroupInMainGroupP)
>
> Return
> END
>
> I need to convert this code to pgSQL.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yogi Yang

Something like this:

     CREATE FUNCTION account_group_hierarchy(p_group_id numeric(18,0))
        RETURNS TABLE (account_group_id NUMERIC(18,0))
     AS
     $$
     WITH recursive GroupInMainGroupP AS
     (
       SELECT accountGroupId, 1 AS HierarchyLevel
       FROM dbo.tbl_AccountGroup
       WHERE (accountGroupId = p_group_id)
       UNION ALL
       SELECT e.accountGroupId, G.HierarchyLevel + 1 AS HierarchyLevel
       FROM dbo.tbl_AccountGroup AS e
         JOIN GroupInMainGroupP AS G ON e.groupUnder = G.accountGroupId
     )
     select accountGroupId
     from GroupInMainGroupP;
     $$
     language sql;

Note that Postgres fold all unquoted identifiers to lowercase so it's usually better to use snake_case instead of
CamelCase