Re: Fwd: Tablespace Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kalai R
Subject Re: Fwd: Tablespace Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Sir,

The problem has solved. Thank You so much.

Regards
Gloier

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 1:00 AM, justin@magwerks.com <justin@magwerks.com> wrote:
Postgresql account does not need to own the directory just have full control.  If you can't change security settings or take/assign ownership then the account  doing this is not a Administrative account, or security up the chain of directories has some mighty odd settings which means resetting each directory up the chain one at a time to you reach the root.  The process is take owner ship then rest security to what it was originally.

As your in the Program Files directory tread lightly because security can block service accounts Local Services, System  & Network making the machine unbootable

When you installed PostgreSQL the windows account postgres should have been created and put into the User group with the option to log in as a Service.

What account is Postgresql using to start under, if postgres does not exist ???

What ever account the service Postgresql is using to start up under needs to have full control of
c:/program files/progresql
and what ever  table space  directories there are created.

if the table spaces are on another Drive make sure the root has the account/group postgres is in has permissions to list directories, and contents.  If not the account will be blocked from reading the drive contents regardless what child directories security states.

---- Message from Kalai R <softlinne.kv@gmail.com> at 05-04-2010 12:02:19 AM ------
Sir,

I have tried to change the ownership of the postgres directories to postgresql account.
But in windows , the posgresql account has no permission to take ownership of any directory.
Because the postgresql service account is not under any group and not as a logon account.
How can I set ownership for postgres account?

Thanks in advance.