Re: Slow performance updating CLOB data - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Slow performance updating CLOB data
Date
Re: Slow performance updating CLOB data  (Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Nicola Zanaga schrieb am 18.07.2016 um 10:13:
> Here a snippet:
>
>         st= connection.createStatement(ResultSet.*/TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY/*, ResultSet.*/CONCUR_UPDATABLE/*);
>         ResultSet resultSet= st.executeQuery("SELECT id, data FROM TestClob1 WHERE id = 1 ");
>

>         resultSet.next();
>         resultSet.updateCharacterStream(2, *new*StringReader("hello"), "hello".length());
>         resultSet.updateRow();
>         resultSet.close();

Did you try resultSet.updateString(2, "hello") instead?

> Most of the time is spent in method PgResultSet.isUpdateable  because the table has a primary key but doesn't have a
"oid"column.
> So the code tries to get primary keys from the query, using getMetaData().getPrimaryKeys.

But in order to run an UPDATE on the table, the driver will need to retrieve the PK, there is no way around that.
I guess using updateString() won't change that

Thomas