Re: Postgresql 9.5 error - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Postgresql 9.5 error
Date
List pgsql-admin
Yogi Barot schrieb am 18.02.2016 um 15:14:
> I have migrated data from postgresql 9.0 to 9.5, When I run following command, it does not
> show tablespace location and fails with bellow error. Can someone provide fix in the next release?
>

> We are planning to put release in production from March 15, hopefully get fix before this date.
>
> postgres=# select * from pg_tablespace;  -- Spclocation column is missing in pg_tablespace.
>
>      spcname     | spcowner | spcacl | spcoptions
>
> -----------------+----------+--------+------------
> pg_default      |       10 |        |
> pg_global       |       10 |        |
> foa_table_space |    16384 |        |
>
> (3 rows)
>
> *postgres=# \db**
> *ERROR:  column "spclocation" does not exist*
> *LINE 3:   spclocation AS "Location"*

From the 9.2 release notes:

E.16.2. Migration to Version 9.2

    Remove the spclocation field from pg_tablespace (Magnus Hagander)

    This field was duplicative of the symbolic links that actually define tablespace locations, and thus risked errors
    of omission when moving a tablespace. This change allows tablespace directories to be moved while the server is
    down, by manually adjusting the symbolic links.

    To replace this field, we have added pg_tablespace_location() to allow querying of the symbolic links.