Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
damien@dalibo.info schrieb am 04.01.2016 um 14:46:
> Hi Josh
>
> I have questions about the first sentences of the RLS paragraph:
>
> " PostgreSQL continues to pioneer database security with its new Row
> Level Security (RLS) feature.  It is the first relational database to
> implement true per-row and per-column security which integrates with
> external label-based security stacks such as SE Linux. "
>
> 1- Could we just say "first database" instead of "first relational
> database" ? Afaik there's no NoSQL storage with such features.
>
> 2- Although it's not what you meant, the 2 sentences kind of imply
> that PostgreSQL is the first db to implement RLS itself.

I think the sentence _could_ also be misunderstood. Postgres is not the first (relational) DBMS to implement or offer
RLS.

It seems it is the first database that _integrates_ RLS with SELinux though.
Maybe this sentence could be re-worded to focus on the fact that the integration with SELinux is a first, not RLS
itself?

Thomas