Re: Release 1204 released - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Release 1204 released
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer schrieb am 09.10.2015 um 21:32:
>   * fix: filter DatabaseMetaData.getColumns by tables PR #386 (0c95126)

Why was this done?

From my perspective this is a serious bug, because now getColumns() doesn't return column information for views,
materializedviews or foreign tables any more.

Which in turn means that the SQL client I am maintaining (SQL Workbench/J) is no longer able to display column
informationfor anything else than tables.

I would assume that this is true for any other JDBC based SQL client. It will also break tools like Liquibase and
probablyHibernate as well as they also rely on getColumns() to return information about views (I am sure about
Liquibase,not 100% sure about Hibernate though)

Regards
Thomas