Re: Bug in PL/pgSQL GET DIAGNOSTICS? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Manfred Koizar
Subject Re: Bug in PL/pgSQL GET DIAGNOSTICS?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:40:03 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
>Item 3 is the most controversial.  Some say sum all tuple counts, i.e.
>sum INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE.  That just seems to messy to me.  I think
>summing only the matching tags has the highest probability of returning
>a meaningful number.

[Trying to keep it short this time]

I still believe that there is more than one correct answer; it just
depends on what the dba intends.  So I proposed a syntax change for
letting the dba explicitly mark the statements she/he wants to affect
tuple count and oid.

-> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-09/msg00720.php

Unfortunately I tried to summarize all other proposals and the mail
got so long that nobody read it to the end :-(

ServusManfred