Re: Name spacing functions and stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Name spacing functions and stored procedures
Date
List pgsql-general
Tim Uckun schrieb am 19.03.2015 um 11:03:
> I guess I see schemas as ways to group data not functions.

A schema is just a namespace.

The only "link" between data and a schema is that data can only live in tables and a table is associated with a
namespace.

Even if you use it to "group data", you actually use to group "objects that hold data".

> It would be very nice to be able to group your code into proper modules though. It's something I really miss.

An extension can be seen as a module that lives in a dedicated namespace: the schema.