Re: Wrap access to Oid in HeapTupleHeader - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Manfred Koizar
Subject Re: Wrap access to Oid in HeapTupleHeader
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 03 Jul 2002 13:50:45 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
wrote:
>> Where should DEBUG_TUPLE_ACCESS be defined or undef'd?
>
>It doesn't need to be anywhere, but you could add it to pg_config.h.in
>near line 308, where there are other similar symbols, eg
>    /* #define ACLDEBUG */

Ok, initially I'll define it there so that all the fellow hackers can
help debug my patches ;-)

>To do the same in your proposed change, those
>places will need more knowledge.  They can't just blindly fetch from
>tuple + t_hoff - sizeof(Oid).

Yes, that's why I have planned some intermediate steps before finally
switching to the new format.  As you have guessed by now I'm not a
friend of huge "do it all at once" patches.  I prefer to do a number
of small steps.  This first patch does not break the code and takes us
one step in the right direction.  More patches will follow.

As nobody else commented, it seems that it depends on your approval,
before a revised version of the patch will be applied.

Servus
 Manfred