Re: big pg 6.5 and 7.1 problem in simple application - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: big pg 6.5 and 7.1 problem in simple application
Date
List pgsql-general
Aaron Brashears <gila@gila.org> writes:

> We have a simple ad tracking application, which has a (mostly) fixed
> table size where each row represents a particular ad. We have about 70
> rows in the database and use php scripts in apache which connect over
> odbc, read a single row, increment a counter, and update that
> row. We're performing about 30 updates a second and after a few
> minutes the postmaster either hangs or dumps core.

I'd try compiling 7.1 with debugging enabled, and do a GDB backtrace
on your core dumps.  Otherwise it's hard to help you.

-Doug
--
The rain man gave me two cures; he said jump right in,
The first was Texas medicine--the second was just railroad gin,