Re: Looking for mail relays ... - Mailing list pgsql-announce

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Looking for mail relays ...
Date
List pgsql-announce
Clinging to sanity, bruno@wolff.to (Bruno Wolff III) mumbled into her beard:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 15:28:02 -0400,
>   "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>
>>   Right now, we have the following TLDs covered:
>>
>> /\.(jp)$/
>> /\.(fr|uk|de|pl|ad|se|gr|be|ch|dk|es|fi|gi|ie|it|lu|nl|no|pt|tr|at)$/
>> /\.(com|net|org|ca|edu|biz|us|mil|ws|info)$/
>
> You should probably throw .to in to the last list as it is an "open" tld.

What would be "slicker" would be to split this into more partitions,
probably seeking someone prepared to relay into several of the TLDs on
the last list in order to split it into pieces...

I think you're seeing a pattern in the set of TLDs that isn't actually
there.  List #3 consists of the non-country-specific TLDs in addition
to ones for Canada and the US.

Of the above TLDs, the only ones that _aren't_ fairly open are .mil
and .edu, which require either that you be at an "accredited" US
military organization or at an accredited school of higher education.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ntlug.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/postgresql.html