Re: BCD format - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: BCD format
Date
List pgsql-general
stefari@tiscali.it wrote:
> Hi all !
> I have to create a table with a BCD formatted field.
> Can Postrgresql to support this field's type or I have to insert it in binary
> mode???

Have you considered using a NUMERIC field instead?  That supports
exact fixed point arithmetic, much like BCD.

And I don't think that C compilers commonly support a BCD type, so if
you emulated it, you'd be left doing quite a lot of work to make a
type that wouldn't be terribly efficient.
--
output = reverse("gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/emacs.html