Re: [OT... But couldn't resist!] Master/Slave - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: [OT... But couldn't resist!] Master/Slave
Date
List pgsql-general
After a long battle with technology, Randolf Richardson <rr@8x.ca>, an earthling, wrote:
>> Sorry, a little OT... But couldn't resist..
>>
>> You guys building replication systems may have to have a terminology
>> rethink...
>>
>> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/11/25/0014257&mode=thread&tid=103&t
>> id= 133&tid=186&tid=99
>
>         The above article leads to this page:
>
>                 Master/Slave
>                 http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/master.asp
>
> After reading "...someone within the County bureaucracy � a person
> who probably didn't understand computer terminology � had taken
> offense at 'master/slave' references and complained to the board..."
> I couldn't help but laugh at the idea that someone's not getting
> along with their dominatrix.  =D

... Which implies that the County is acting in a manner that
discriminates against people with a particular, um, "sexual
orientation."

And it means that the county is liable to be hit by a demonstration by
people wearing a Lot of Leather complaining of discrimination...  :-)
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','cbbrowne.com').
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/lisp.html