Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but...
Date
List pgsql-general
scott.marlowe@ihs.com ("scott.marlowe") wrote:
> no kidding.  I have to admit that in my mad scientist moments, I have
> envisioned writing a new connect lib that's BSD/LPGL licensed.  Primarily
> just because I can be a bit antisocial... :)

A group of users, distressed at license changes, proposed doing
exactly that for SAP-DB(tm), and were warned that the vendor would be
likely to assume that this was an attempt to circumvent their license,
and that this would be likely to lead to legal action.  Beware of
litigious vendors...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "ntlug.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/wp.html