Re: Autovac _scale_ settings not changed by SIGHUP? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry Sievers
Subject Re: Autovac _scale_ settings not changed by SIGHUP?
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Jerry Sievers <jerry@jerrysievers.com> writes:
>
> > Uncommenting the settings in postgresql.conf and  giving the new
> > values, then followed by a pg_reload_conf() call however and I see no
> > change in the settings.
>
> Works for me ...
>
> regression=# show autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor;
>  autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor
> --------------------------------
>  0.2
> (1 row)
>
> -- edit postgresql.conf ...
>
> regression=# select pg_reload_conf();
>  pg_reload_conf
> ----------------
> (1 row)
>
> regression=# show autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor;
>  autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor
> --------------------------------
>  0.25
> (1 row)
>
> regression=#
>
> Are you sure you're editing the right copy of postgresql.conf?

Yes, the correct config files are being edited. .

I do have egg on my face however.  I forgot to mention that the
platform and version was EnterpriseDB 8.1.4.

Changing the configs by editing the file to uncomment and then change
the value and HUPping does indeed work on Pg 8.2 as expected.

<crawling under a rock>... Please pardon the omission.

>             regards, tom lane

Jerry Sievers   732 365-2844 (work)     Production Database Administrator
                305 321-1144 (mobil    WWW E-Commerce Consultant