Re: [HACKERS] JDBC and Perl compiling problems w/ postgresql-7.1rc4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: [HACKERS] JDBC and Perl compiling problems w/ postgresql-7.1rc4
Date
List pgsql-general
"Homayoun Yousefi'zadeh" <homayounyz@home.com> writes:

> The reason I need to compile w/ Perl
> support turned on is what I am reading
> in the README.rserv of the ERServer
> available in contrib directory.
> It says that the requirements are:
>
> - PostgreSQL >= 7.0.X
>    A separate Makefile is required for PostgreSQL 7.0.x and earlier
> - Perl5 and the PostgreSQL perl interface
>
> I am thinking that it only requires client lib as
> the module compiles just fine. Can you confirm this please?

That agrees with my reading of the sentence above, but I've not
installed rserv so I'm not absolutely positive.

One thing you can do is look in the SQL code that rserv uses and see
if there are any

CREATE FUNCTION foo() RETURNS whatever AS 'blah' LANGUAGE 'plperl';

statements.

-Doug