Re: execute permissions of stored procedures? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: execute permissions of stored procedures?
Date
List pgsql-general
Eric Veldhuyzen <eric@terra.telemediair.nl> writes:

> I want to use PostgreSQL as a database for our dynamic website, and
> the only thing I want to allow to the standard 'webuser' is to
> execute some procedures.  The use of a grant to a procedure allows
> me to be able to insert/update some specific rows in a database in a
> very specific way by a user that normally wouldn't even be allowed
> to do a SELECT on this table.

This seems to be a repeat of your previous message (perhaps there's a
mail loop somewhere) so I won't rehash the discussions we've had.
I'll just point out that SQL schemas and all that they imply are
coming in 7.3, so you may want to reevaluate PostgreSQL for your needs
at that point (it'll be a while though as 7.3 development has just
started).

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863