Re: postgresql Secure Mode - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: postgresql Secure Mode
Date
List pgsql-general
> Hi,
>
> i have a probem,.
>
> I am trying to configure postgresql in sure way, I have made the
> following thing:
>
> 1. - I have created the certificate and put this in the directory it data
> 2. - given him privileges to the user postgresql for the certificate
> 3. - in the file postgresql.conf, modify the parameters ssl = true to
> use md5 = true
> 4. - in the file pg_hba.conf adds one it lines this way hostssl all
> all 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 md5
> 5. - stsrt postresql
>
> But when trying to connect me  says that the user cannot authenticate
>
> some idea

Hmm.  Are you certain you had the password for the user stored
somewhere?

e.g...

1.  Stored in the file $HOME/.pgpass?
2.  Stored in some relevant environment variable ($PGPASS)?
3.  Included into the DSN (e.g. - 'dbname=this password=something')

Having the cert doesn't automatically authenticate anything...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/rdbms.html