Re: 8.1 build on Solaris has LATIN9? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry Sievers
Subject Re: 8.1 build on Solaris has LATIN9?
Date
List pgsql-general
Please forgive the empty reply preceeding this note.

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Jerry Sievers <jerry@jerrysievers.com> writes:
> > Hi.  I am curious how/why the Pg 8.1.1 build on Solaris
> >     SunOS $hostname 5.9 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250
> > chose LATIN9 charset as default.
>
> It probably deduced that from the locale setting (LANG or LC_ALL)
> that initdb was run in.  Try "show lc_collate" if you don't remember
> what that was.

Thanks for this info.

Interesting, it was iso8859-15.

I inidb a new cluster and this time, I  get SQL_ASCII.  This is
without a hint of language or locale stuff in the ENV.

Guessing the postgres user's env has changed since the original
cluster creation.

Have a great weekend.

>             regards, tom lane

Jerry Sievers   305 854-3001 (home)     WWW ECommerce Consultant
                305 321-1144 (mobile    http://www.JerrySievers.com/