Re: Toolkit for creating editable grid - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Toolkit for creating editable grid
Date
List pgsql-general
"Andrus" <eetasoft@online.ee> writes:
>> Has anyone used OpenOffice Base?  Just a thought.  Or Rekall - it's
>> a bit immature, but it might do what you want.  The dreaded MS
>> Access can do what you describe in about 4 minutes...
>
> Postgres lacks easy GUI frontend with report generation capabilities
> like Access.
>
> To fix this pgAdmin should be implemented in OpenOffice. This will
> create a very good Postgres management tool for both administrators
> and end users.  This reduces the development cost since ready-made
> OpenOffice components can be used.

Unfortunately, we don't run OpenOffice.org *or* pgAdmin on any of our
IBM pSeries clusters, so for us, that's a pretty much useless answer.

The folks I'm thinking of here *are* material to the matter, as we
have actually been trying to get some reasonably material budget put
together to come up with a report generation "solution," albeit with a
mandate that it can function in X-less environments.

The above biases aside, OpenOffice.org has seemed terribly heavyweight
any time I have used it for anything database-related.
--
"cbbrowne","@","ntlug.org"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/sgml.html