Re: "trigger"ing a procedure every X minutes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: "trigger"ing a procedure every X minutes
Date
List pgsql-general
Fran Fabrizio <ffabrizio@Exchange.WebMD.net> writes:

> Is the preferred method of calling a procedure every X minutes to have a
> cronjob installed external to the database, or is there something I can
> do internally to achieve the same effect (and would be portable along
> with the database when/if I move it to a different machine)?

I'm pretty sure there is no internal mechanism for scheduled
procedures.  I think the cronjob is your best bet.

-Doug
--
The rain man gave me two cures; he said jump right in,
The first was Texas medicine--the second was just railroad gin,