Re: Incorrect password using pg_ctl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: Incorrect password using pg_ctl
Date
List pgsql-general
Matthew Stanfield <matthew@propertyknowledge.com> writes:

> What I really want is to be able to start/stop/status the server from my
> normal account the way I always used to by using aliases for the long
> command lines of "su -c 'pg_ctl start/stop...' postgres".

Write a little C program that exec's pg_ctl with the appropriate
arguments, make it setuid 'postgres'?

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught       Wireboard Industries      http://www.wireboard.com/

      Custom software development, systems and network consulting.
      Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache Linux BSD...