Re: Field name problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Landscheidt
Subject Re: Field name problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:

> [...]
> So I tried to load the same database on my home machine
> using pg_restore.  This runs version 8.4.0, and it failed
> because, I presume, its a reserved word in SQL.

> Is there anyway, I can access any of my other backups and
> load the data in a current database?

a) Install an old PostgreSQL server, restore to it, change
   the attribute name, dump from it, restore to a new ser-
   ver.
b) Restore the backup to an SQL file, load it into a suit-
   able editor, change (very carefully) "over" to the new
   attribute name and restore that file to a new server.

Tim