Re: vacuum with perl dbi / pg 7.1.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: vacuum with perl dbi / pg 7.1.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Aaron Couts <spam@couts.org> writes:

> Does anyone know how to perform a vacuum command using Perl DBI and
> PostgreSQL 7.1.3?  I've tried various ways of doing it, but I always
> get "DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: VACUUM cannot run inside a
> BEGIN/END block."  My program isn't using BEGIN/END blocks, so I
> assume there's a Perl or DBI/DBD::Pg internal detail that I'm not
> aware of.

What is your 'autocommit' setting on the DBI connection?

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught       Wireboard Industries      http://www.wireboard.com/

      Custom software development, systems and network consulting.
      Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache Linux BSD...