Re: Query planner problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: Query planner problem
Date
List pgsql-general
"Crash Dummy" <crash.dummy@ntlworld.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've moved a database onto a much faster machine but for some reason the
> query planner is opting to use seq scan methods rather than the indexes.
>
> This is a very large database without the indexes the performance is dire -
> the new machine is a 2Ghz P4 with 1GB RAM, the old machine is a 900Mhz P3
> with 512Mb Ram.
>
> Any idea why this is happening adn what I can do to solve the problem ? I've
> tried dropping & rebuilding the indexes, vacuum analyze etc but to no
> effect.

Post your schema and EXPLAIN output for the problem queries.

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught       Wireboard Industries      http://www.wireboard.com/

      Custom software development, systems and network consulting.
      Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache Linux BSD...