Re: [GENERAL] ALTER FUNCTION - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sascha Ziemann
Subject Re: [GENERAL] ALTER FUNCTION
Date
List pgsql-general
Adriaan Joubert <a.joubert@albourne.com> writes:

| Just drop the function, drop all triggers that use the function,
| re-create the function and recreate all triggers. If the function is
| called by other PL functions, you need to drop and re-install those as
| well. If you keep them all in a big file, every one preceded by drop,
| you can just reload the file (with \i into psql) whenever you have
| changed something. No need to dump any data.

When I use the function in a CHECK constrain of a table, I have to
destroy the table.  Or is it possible to refresh the reference to the
function by an ALTER TABLE statement?

By the way: when I drop a table that is used by another table via
INHERITS, I get the warning, that the table is used and that I can not
drop it.  Why are functions handled different?  I is really a problem,
when there are broken tables in a database and nobody knows it.

Sascha