Re: pg_dump --exclude-schema=foo - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: pg_dump --exclude-schema=foo
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Quoth tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane):
> Chris Browne <cbbrowne@acm.org> writes:
>> We have discovered an interesting locking scenario with Slony-I that
>> is pointing to a use for the ability to exclude certain schemas from
>> pg_dump.
>
>> The situation is that when a "full" pg_dump kicks off, a Slony-I
>> "create sync" event, which expects to "LOCK slony_schema.sl_event;",
>> is blocked from getting the exclusive lock that it desires.
>
> Perhaps this should be seen as a Slony bug.  Does it really need an
> AccessExclusive lock, or would an Exclusive lock do?

You could be right; that's still To Be Determined.

It nonetheless appears like a useful idea in general to be able to
specify inclusion/exclusion of multiple schemas.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/languages.html