Re: FW: [webmaster] Comparison to MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: FW: [webmaster] Comparison to MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Quoth JanWieck@Yahoo.com (Jan Wieck):
> Josh Berkus wrote:

>> In the 1999 San Francisco Mayorial election, the front-runners were
>> incumbent Willie Brown and political hack Clint Reilly.   Former
>> associates, both of them spent over a million dollars and five
>> months slinging mud at each other; no insult or insinuation was too
>> vile for either campaign; 20-year-old compromising pictures and
>> statements were dredged up, lawsuits were launched, and the "attack
>> ads" were legion.
>> Tom Ammiano, who was not on the ballot at all, launched a write-in
>> campaign starting less than 20 days before the election.   He came
>> in first, a historical record in San Francisco.
>> Is my point clear, here?
>
> You mean Interbase will be the winner? ;-P

If people were to decide that, based on the badinage, both the MySQL
people and the PostgreSQL people were a bunch of jerks, Firebird might
very well come out the "winner."

Both 'sides' have been known to point to Firebird as a 'second choice'
if their respective system was somehow unacceptable...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "cbbrowne.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/