Re: jdbc-question... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: jdbc-question...
Date
List pgsql-general
elwood@agouros.de (Konstantinos Agouros) writes:

> can the driver connect to the database only via tcp/ip? Or can I use it one
> the same machine to connect directly?

The JDBC driver can only use TCP/IP (since Java doesn't support Unix
sockets) but you can certainly se it on the same machine.  You just
need to start the postmaster with '-i' to allow TCP connections.  The
default pg_hba.conf only allows connections on the local interface
(127.0.0.1) so it's reasonably secure.

-Doug
--
The rain man gave me two cures; he said jump right in,
The first was Texas medicine--the second was just railroad gin,