Re: Automated Backup - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Automated Backup
Date
List pgsql-sql
Oops! sgnerd@yahoo.com.sg ("Kumar") was seen spray-painting on a wall:
> Is there a way to automate the backup databases using pg_dump (like in SQL server)?

If you can come up with a way of automating the running of programs,
then I imagine that might be possible.  I have heard that a program
called "cron" might be used for this purpose.
--
"aa454","@","freenet.carleton.ca"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/x.html