Re: enable pl/pgsql in postgres from postgres-server-7.0.3-2 RPM - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: enable pl/pgsql in postgres from postgres-server-7.0.3-2 RPM
Date
List pgsql-general
Marc Wrubleski <mlwruble@sorexsoftware.com> writes:

> I installed Postgres from the 7.0.3-2 RPM on the Redhat site, and it
> works well, and the plpgsql.so library exists, but how do I enable this
> procedural language.
>
> I know how to do it from source, but my customer demands I install from
> RPM.

All you have to do is run the 'createlang' script that comes with
Postgres (see the man page).  If your customer wants this to be done
via RPM, well, that's possible (just make an RPM with no files and
postinstall/preremove scripts that do the appropriate commands).

Once 'createlang' is tun on the 'template1' database, all DBs created
after that will have your language(s) available.

-Doug