Re: PostgreSQL interfaces for PHP and Perl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From kumar1@home.com (Prasanth A. Kumar)
Subject Re: PostgreSQL interfaces for PHP and Perl
Date
List pgsql-general
David Steuber <nospam@david-steuber.com> writes:

> For perl, using CPAN.pm, what install command will get me the
> interfaces for PostgreSQL?  Do I need to have PostgreSQL setup and
> running first?

Before you can use DBI with PostgreSQL, the PostgreSQL database server
must be running on your computer or some other computer you can access
over the network. What you need are the DBI and DBD-Pg perl modules. I
generally install it by downloading it from the CPAN website or using
RPM packages(under Red Hat Linux) so I can't tell you much about the
usage of the CPAN.pm module.

> For PHP, are there any interfaces for PostgreSQL that I can get and
> install?  Where?  Do I need to have PostgreSQL setup and running
> first?
<snip>

You can get them from the PostgreSQL website downloads I think.

--
Prasanth Kumar
kumar1@home.com