Re: how can i get plpgsql in function? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: how can i get plpgsql in function?
Date
List pgsql-general
"Muhammad Rusydi" <rusydi@cbn.net.id> writes:

> > CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE 'PL/PGSQL' or something..;-)
> >
> but there's an error when i do this one
> parse error near ";" it says
> would you or anyone here help me again?

Easiest way to do this is to use the 'createlang' shell script that
ships with Postgres:

$ createlang -d <dbname> plpgsql

If you do it to the 'template1' database, all other DBs created after
that will have PL/PGSQL available.

-Doug
--
The rain man gave me two cures; he said jump right in,
The first was Texas medicine--the second was just railroad gin,