Re: Index bloat in 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Index bloat in 7.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Quoth alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl (Alvaro Herrera):
> On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 08:48:04AM -0000, Julian Scarfe wrote:
>
>> b) Only a dump-restore major version upgrade (which we'll do next time we
>> can take the system out for long enough) will avoid the issue.
>
> "Long enough" could be a minutes or seconds issue if you use Slony-I,
> I've heard ...  (Of course you'd still need to fix your apps, which may
> take somewhat longer than that.)

Unfortunately, Slony-I does not support versions of PostgreSQL earlier
than 7.3.3.  It needs namespace support...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "gmail.com")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/advocacy.html