Re: Postgres and C/C++ - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: Postgres and C/C++
Date
List pgsql-general
"Brian C. Doyle" <bcdoyle@mindspring.com> writes:

> Where would I find examples of some C files that connect to a
> postgresql db I am just starting out with c and know Postgresql
> rather well and have done a lot of development with PHP.
>
> The interface I am trying to create is in windows with Postgresql in linux.

Then you'll probably need to install the PG ODBC driver and learn the
ODBC interface.  The nice thing about that is that it works with
pretty much any database, so you can switch to Sybase or Oracle or
whatever quite easily (not that you'd want to, of course ;)

There should be plenty of ODBC programming info on the web.

-Doug
--
The rain man gave me two cures; he said jump right in,
The first was Texas medicine--the second was just railroad gin,