Re: Query and the number of row result - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Landscheidt
Subject Re: Query and the number of row result
Date
List pgsql-general
bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am talking in case I am writing a script for a function,
> and I need to know the number of the returned rows of the
> query, then I will do IF statement based on that number,
> how?
> [...]

Presuming that you are talking about a function written in
PL/pgSQL, you will have to count them yourself or issue a
second query "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM [...]". For the special
case that you want to find out whether no row at all was
found, you can look at "IF (NOT) FOUND".

Tim