Re: How to determine which are "idle in transaction" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: How to determine which are "idle in transaction"
Date
List pgsql-general
Mike Bridge <mike@bridgecanada.com> writes:

> When I do a "ps ax" I have 7 processes originating from my application
> that are permamently "idle in transaction".   First off, is this
> something to be concerned about?

Yes, it can block VACUUM.

>                                   It appears to be a vendor library
> that's causing it.  Second, how can I tell what these stuck transactions
> are?  Is there a way to list them?

I don't think so, other than turning up logging to the point that SQL
queries are logged, and watching for activity from those clients.
They may be just issuing a BEGIN and then sitting there, which doesn't
cause any problems with other databases...

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863