Re: Audit-trail engine: getting the application's layer user_id - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Manuel Sugawara
Subject Re: Audit-trail engine: getting the application's layer user_id
Date
List pgsql-general
"Marcelo de Moraes Serpa" <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Manuel,
>
>> each time the user sends a request I do more or less the following:
>
> Could a trigger be used to implement this ? Or are you doing this from the
> application layer?

I'm doing it form the application layer and I don't think it can be
done in the database layer, how the trigger will figure out which user
is doing the query?, It's the same problem you are trying to solve!

> My problem is that, like Til, I don't have full control over my
> request cycle as I'm over a very high-level framework (Actually it
> is an data-oriented application generator, called GeneXus).

Maybe you can use Til approach with temporal tables.

Regards,
Manuel.