Re: Feature freeze approaching - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Feature freeze approaching
Date
List pgsql-hackers
After a long battle with technology, mha@sollentuna.net ("Magnus Hagander"), an earthling, wrote:
> 2) Pick upt he default OS timezone. This still need a little bit more
> work. But the code as it stands on Win32 will give you GMT on startup
> unless you specify a TZ in postgresql.conf. On Unix, it goes with the OS
> timezone.

I'd better test that on AIX where they like to use "CUT0" as the
default timezone instead of UTC or GMT.

We ran into "some entertainment" when we first installed on AIX
because of that; PG code that would normally properly interpret a UNIX
timestamp threw up when it got the "CUT" zone...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "cbbrowne.com")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/finances.html