Re: Patch to .gitignore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Patch to .gitignore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@gmail.com> writes:
> You could hide your own favorite patterns by putting this into your
> ~/.gitignore that isn't part of the repo, configuring this globally, thus:
> git config --global core.excludesfile '~/.gitignore'

You can also put per-project setup in .git/info/exclude, works well.

> Us Emacs users can put things like *~, #*#, and such into our own "ignore"
> configuration; that doesn't need to bother you, and vice-versa for your
> vim-oriented patterns.

You can also ask Emacs (or any other editor I'm sure) to move its backup
files out of the way. I'm using the following, for example:
 (setq backup-directory-alist '((".*" . "~/.emacs.d/backups/")))

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine