plpgsql EXECUTE will not set FOUND - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject plpgsql EXECUTE will not set FOUND
Date
List pgsql-hackers
But it will set GET DIAGNOSTIC ... = ROW_COUNT, am I being told on IRC.

I was really suprised FOUND is not set by EXECUTE in 8.3 when doing a
partitioning UPDATE trigger (we partition a summary table and have to
see about doing UPSERT).

As I wouldn't have figured GET DIAGNOSTIC was the way to go, I had to
resort to unclean method, namely EXECUTE ... RETURNING ... INTO then
checking the variable against NULL.

Why isn't that a bug again, that GET DIAGNOSTIC and FOUND are not
exposing the same reality?
--
dim