SLLUG advocacy (was Re: Need CDs, Brochures, Swag for Comdex) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Anthony Chavez
Subject SLLUG advocacy (was Re: Need CDs, Brochures, Swag for Comdex)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Fellow PostgreSQL-lovers:

As I mentioned a month back or so, a MySQL advocate will be presenting
at the Salt Lake Linux User Group in December.  I still haven't had a
confirmation (the leaders are very slow), but I'm going to go ahead and
proceed as if I will be giving a follow-up presentation in January.

I have some requests. ;-)

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:36:24 -0700 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> 1) CDs:  I would like to have a "PostgreSQL CD"  which would include
> installation scripts and source for (maybe betas of the below):

I would very much like to be able to hand out CDs to those that would
like them.  I recently purchased a Powerbook with a SuperDrive, which
means I can burn CDs at 8x and DVD-Rs at 2x, IIRC, so that's one
possibility.

However, I wouldn't mind getting any leftover CDs from Josh's Comdex
show.  Possible?

What other possibilities exist for CDs?

> 3) Brochure:  We need a PostgreSQL 7.4 Brochure.   I really, really need
> someone to volunteer to put this together; there's no way I'm going to get it
> done and my design skills suck.  Please?
>
> 4) Not MySQL:  Ian, I could use the "distilled" version of your "why not
> MySQL" list, something suitable for a 2-sided B/W flyer with large type
> headings.

I would also like to get my hands on these two documents.  They would
prove to be very valuable both in writing my presentation and to hand
out to the audience.  Where can I find #4, and would it be possible to
get #3 once it is done?  Even already existing brochures and the like
would be nice.

> 5) Schwag:  I'll talk to Marc about t-shirts etc.

These and other promotional gear (books and whatnot) would also be nice
as giveaways.  What hoops would I have to go through to get some?

--
Anthony Chavez                             http://www.anthonychavez.org/
mailto:acc@anthonychavez.org                jabber:acc@anthonychavez.org

Attachment