Re: making an unlogged table logged - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: making an unlogged table logged
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>   Adding logical replication would be a lot of
> work but we'd get a lot of collateral benefits.  Imagine that PG had

There has been extensive discussions at last pgcon about that (mainly in
the "hallway track", but also in the devroom we had) to work on getting
the common bits between the slony and londiste queuing solutions into
core, to support what you're saying.

In fact we already have the txid datatype and its functions, those came
from slony through PGQ into core.

Jan Wieck started a discussion back then to offer the basics we need in
core as far as queuing goes, here:
 http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-05/msg01209.php

What happened to that effort?
--