Re: Anonymous code blocks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Anonymous code blocks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
>> A note about void returning functions....there are no send/recv
>> functions for the void type which will cause problems for users of
>> this feature over the binary protocol.
>
> This isn't a SELECT and doesn't return anything, so I don't see the
> issue.

I somehow had to force me into thinking about DO as a Utility command
and not a query... but I guess the previous discussion about wanting to
have a lambda construct and functions as types confused us. We're not
there yet, DO is only a utility command.

Regards,
--
dim