Re: pg_xlogdump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: pg_xlogdump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Wait what? So I need to make install before I can compile extensions?
> That doesn't seem to be something realistic.

You know, any extension that's not in our source tree out there is
maintained in a way to target all supported versions of PostgreSQL from
the same sources. I understand that we want to continue applying our
versioning rules to contribs, and I think that it's a good idea.

But now that we're making a real cut decision about that, I think
contribs should be documented as NOT extensions.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine